Grade changes

Dispute of a grade

Students wishing to dispute a grade should first have a discussion with the instructing faculty member. If the student and faculty are in disagreement after the discussion, the student may appeal to the Dean of Faculty. The Dean of Faculty will meet with the student within 14 days of the appeal and will solicit a statement from the faculty member. Following this process, the Dean of Faculty will review the case and submit a recommendation to the faculty member. The faculty member will then make a final decision, in consultation with the Dean of Faculty. After one calendar year (from the end of the original grading period), all grades are final. All grade changes must be made in writing and signed by the Dean of Faculty.